Saturday, February 28, 2015

#18-The Mascara Project


#18-GUERLAIN-Noir
If Patience is a virtue, then you people are super-virtuous, and I really appreciate it! Of course, as Hilary (long-time friend in FL) put it, “I’ve waited 37 years to find the best mascara, so no rush”. Thank you and done.
So, this fancee (fancy spelling) mascara case felt a little like a blonde joke waiting to happen. I knew it wasn’t, however, because I have literally heard them ALL. Thank you, nephew!
Oh, snap! Couldn’t resist. And one more for good measure, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT TRUE FOR ME! I’m sure y’all had your doubts.
Now, back to the mascara contraption. Once I talked to the tube-thing for a minute, got that damn sticker with directions out of the way, and shook it a couple of times, I figured it out. Y’all, James Bond would be envious cuz this little gadget is super-high-tech! The secret door sprung open to reveal not one, but two, mirrors! Now we’re cookin’ with gas!
But, wait.  Holy gloopy black tar.  Uh, I guess got a little carried away with shaking this thing. Shoot!
Tried to “ungloop” (Check Wikipedia. I double-dog-dare-ya!), but did not have great luck on the bottom lashes.
Did a little better on the top; my right is “mascaraed”.  (Don’t check Wikipedia for that one cuz I already did and it’s not in there.)
Note to self: start glossary of terms to send Mr. Webster’s publishing house to be added to the next edition of the American Dictionary. Put said words in bold font for quick reference so you can see them in context.
Probably overdid the liner today, but Sugar-britches has a big game and I needed my war paint!
I give this mascara a Commander in Chic rating of 9 outta 10. Y’all know I like my lashes a little on the trashy side, but this stuff is almost “tarantulaish”.
Dear Noah Webster, please brace yourself for tons of fabulous new words to add to that American Dictionary of yours! You are welcome.
I might have scored this one an 8 outta 10 since it’s pretty “gloopy”, but the little mirror-thingy made up for it!  Mwah!  Happy Saturday. Y’all rest up for the week ahead so we can be magical!




No comments:

Post a Comment