Thursday, February 5, 2015

Clean up your act, Girl




Now that I have been 29 for almost a decade, I am considering some of the stuff the lady said at the Clinique counter when I was 13. Um, do you think my sis will trade me back the three step skincare regimen for the electric blue eyeliner? Love Her!


My dear friend, Stephanie, convinced me that my current skincare routine of Irish Spring bar soap in the shower and sleeping in my make-up may not be the best solution for my face. Oh. I’m not supersticous, but I thought the four leaf clovers all over the package had to be a good thing AND it has 12-hour deodorant protection. Double bonus!



But, y’all know I love a good beauty product adventure!  Stephanie got me started on the REDEFINE regimen by Rodan and Fields.



She urged me to take some “before” pictures so y’all brace yourselves!



Aaagh! And another…




See! I told y’all that eye make-up remover doesn’t make a dent in those dark circles! Ugh.



Whew! I know it’s a lot to take in this early in the morning. We will call this Ground Zero. TRUTH!!! I “started” this about three weeks ago, BUT I have not been entirely faithful. I want to be! It’s just at night, I collapse into bed before I wash my face and then my blankets get soooo heavy and then I accidentally look at pinterest for three hours…  Ugh.



Every single day is an opportunity to do a little better than the day before. (Emphasis on “a little”)  I am really going to try to be more consistent with my skincare routine. I promise!



Self, be insanely courageous and march to the sink before falling into bed! Just do it.
Despite the fact that I am only “half” of the skincare girl I should be, I absolutely love this stuff so far! I was doubtful cuz I always breakout when I try fancy, non-Irish, facial products. The only other skincare product that worked this well for me is Proactiv. Guess what?!? Drs. Rodan and Fields developed Proactiv! The luck of the Irish may have just run out…  Stay tuned!





Yes. You did. You commanded me to be strong and courageous, but I forget sometimes. I get scared and discouraged. Thank you for staying with me no matter what.


The cool thing about COURAGE is that it does not exist without fear. Being BRAVE does not mean you aren’t afraid; it means you are scared-half-to-death but stand strong and press on anyway. Carry on, Warrior Princesses! Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment