Tuesday, February 10, 2015

We wear short shorts!


It's Leg-Shaving Season!
We wear short shorts!

So, I am a Florida native. Yes, we exist.



I was born and raised in central Florida and got my degree in interior design from Florida State University. My hometown, Leesburg, is right in the center of the state and in Lake County.



So, it goes without saying that we spent a good bit of time in, and on, the water. I could swim before I could walk and love fishing more than Prince Charming and Sugar-britches put together.




The most fabulous thing in fishing since fishing!

And not just cuz my Pink Lady fishing rod lights up when you reel in your catch!

Eeeeeeee! This picture does NOT do it justice. This thing is techno-magical-sparkly-disco fabulous!


It is a necessity to own an obscene amount of bathing suits if you live in the Sunshine State. Fortunately, swimsuits don’t take up a lot of closet real estate. Unfortunately, swimsuits don’t take up a lot of body real estate. It is important that one’s exposed skin is not only hairless, but flawless…


Flashback to college… In anticipation of swimsuit season and Spring Break, I tried Nair for the first AND LAST TIME. I was working on a huge school project at the time and had a looming deadline. It was gonna be a long night, but I promised my roomie I’d go to the pool with her after I turned in my project the next day. So, I took a break to try my hand at Nair hair removal cream.

We wear short-shorts!

I hate razor burn and was hoping to find a bump-free solution for my bikini area. Believe it or not, I read the instructions AND followed them!  I paid especially close attention to the bold font about the amount of time recommended for hair removal.  Except, then I went back to work on my project… Fast-forward two hours when I finally took a bathroom break.



So, I was going for the “Extended Bikini” look, but ended up in “Hollywood”. It turns out that stuff really works! I guess going 1 hour and 50 minutes beyond the MAXIMUM recommended exposure time of 10 minutes is overkill.  Do not try this at home without a timer! I also do not recommend crossing your legs while waiting. I’m just sayin’.



No comments:

Post a Comment