Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Tickled Pink!



It started with a text yesterday morning at 5:54 am from Sarah, who is more like a sister than a friend. “R u up?”

So, my mama says I am Cleopatra, QUEEN OF DE-NILE! I prefer to call it “Selective Optimism”. Either way, I kinda see what she means, because at 5:54 yesterday morning, I nearly fell out of bed when I read Sarah’s text. What do you mean “you’re at the hospital and might be in labor”?!? Why didn’t any one warn me about this?


I mean, some of you may argue that things like hosting her baby shower and getting clear instructions on what to do if she goes into labor while hubby is out-of-town for work would make it pretty obvious, but I was shocked. I did the only responsible and mature thing I knew to do; run around the house like a ping pong ball til Sugar-britches said to get in the car so we could get Oliver, Sarah and TJ’s first baby, to the doggy daycare.



Whew. Now what?!? Sugar-britches to school and head to the hospital…


She looked so beautiful! There She was, like always, graceful and lovely.


Sooooo Sarah! She was so brave and strong and kind through every bit of yesterday. It was an honor to be with her and her precious family on such an amazing day.

Happy BIRTH-day, Lillian Page Childress. The day ended with a text from Sarah’s mama around 10…  “Lily!”



No comments:

Post a Comment