Sunday, February 15, 2015

#14-The Mascara Project



#14-NARS Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara

I love the name of contestant #14, and not just cuz it was the name of a Backstreet Boys album.

It’s funny that Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara boasts about volume because it is super smooth and not at all clumpy. Some might say that’s a bonus, but I MISS MY TARANTULA LASHES! I really, really do.

My right eye is dressed. Conclusion: we love a natural look as long as it doesn’t look too natural, right?!?

Now, having a name like “Larger than Life” can be a bit of a double-edged sword. Some consumers, and I am not pointing fingers, may get their hopes and expectations really high.

There is no telling what “she” might envision and really this Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara is doomed before the Sephora box is open. With a name like that, you better be BOTH co-captains on Team Bring It.

I give this mascara a Commander in Chic rating of 7.5 outta 10. I also can’t find my lash curler so I had to use the blowdry method to curl. I thought I had an extra in the my car glove box but Prince Charming took it out to make room for that stupid tire guage air thingy. Ugh.

Um, enough not said. Now I can’t see cuz my contacts are dried to my eyes and I messed up my hair.

Did my best to regroup and am sporting a new nude (gasp) lipstick. If I live long enough, I will share more in the Lipstick Project. But, y’all, hang on to Hope! Just when I was about to give up, something wonderful happened.


And I am not talking about the velvet ruffles and tiny buttons on this jacket.

I found a gorgeous lip gloss in my pocket that once was lost and now is found. If that’s not Amazing Grace than I don’t know what is.


Shame on you, Shame! There is no place for you on Team Bring It. We are all about Grace and Purpose and Learning from Mistakes. Love y’all! I mean it. Or as my mama says, “ALL Y’ALL”! (That’s southern for everybody)

No comments:

Post a Comment