Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Super GIRL Monday!





Whew! Made it through another Super Bowl Sunday. This year was a great one and I am excited to review it. Um, my highlights look nothin’ like the ones on ESPN, pronounced ESPeNis. (Sorry) I really did delete and retype that last part four times, but typed it back when Reason wasn’t lookin’.



It feels strange to write this since I already published this post in my mind 24 hours ago. Monday was a day of ricochet. According to Wikipedia, to ricochet is to bounce or skip of off a surface. Yep. That sums it up pretty accurately. Even the weather bought in to the Ricochet Effect. By the end of the day, I really couldn’t do much more than collapse on the sofa next to the fire and Prince Charming and eat a (few) handful(s) of cookies.  Sorry, Skinny Jeans. It really is NOT personal.
Thanks to the finger food, a Super Bowl pool, and girl power, I REALLY enjoyed watching the Super Bowl this year. Hell must have frozen over. 

We CANNOT ignore the miracle of Super Bowl Super Food.  Remember the movie “Mermaids” with Cher and Wynona Ryder? I love that movie. I guess the quote on the movie poster has a good bit to do with it.

I will never forget the scene where Cher fixes dinner for the girls and all she ever makes is “party food”. If you can’t eat it with a toothpick, they didn’t.

I think it’s brilliant. I could live off of nothing but “party food”, so I always look forward to Super Bowl fare. Super Bowl Sunday is the one day it’s acceptable to only eat things that can be scooped up or pierced by toothpicks. Hooray!
The second highlight for me this year was participating in a Super Bowl pool with some of my co-workers.  I bought three chances for a $250 drawing at the end of each quarter. Now, I know one shouldn’t count her chickens before they hatch, but I accidentally put a handbag in my online shopping cart at Nordstroms.com, just in case my number was drawn. Um, an avid football fan is born.

Finally, the highlight of the evening for me came from the least likely source; a company known for feminine products.

If you missed it or want to watch it for the 19th time, I have published it in the next post.

Always is fighting an epic battle against the plummet of girls’ confidence that occurs during puberty. The commercial plays off the negative assumption underlying the statement of doing something “like a girl”, such as running, fighting and throwing a ball.
TOUCHDOWN! Thank you, Always. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Today, let’s strive (boys, too) to ______ like a girl! We should be so lucky, right? Each one of you is amazing. Don’t doubt yourself. You can do IT, whatever “it” is. PERIOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment