Friday, January 23, 2015

#9-The Mascara Project




#9 CLINIQUE LASH POWER-Feathering Mascara

At 13 years of age, my sis and I each went with Mama to the Clinique counter to purchase their three-step skincare and our first set of make-up. I probably did all three steps of the skincare the first morning, but I’m pretty sure it was also the last time. Cuz, ain’t nobody got time for that! I likely gave it to my sis, who is a perfect student and rule-follower, in exchange for some bold eyeshadow she would not have been caught dead wearing. Perfect. Now that’s what I call a symbiotic relationship! (I have to use a little scientific jargon to boost my credibility for a project of this magnitude)
Anyway, I have lots of faith and history in Clinique and was excited to see what all this feathering was about.


I was pretty tickled over the brush. It looks really promising. The pic makes it look clumpier than it is. It has lots of tiny bristles that are lovely. I hope my lashes look like that!


Um, they kinda do! Eeeeee. My right eye is dressed, y’all know the drill.



Weird angle, I know, but I hope it conveys the feathering. This is wonderful! I may have another 10 outta 10 to pass on to my team! I cannot WAIT to do my lower lashes…  SCRATCH. Did y’all hear that? That was the record needle scratching the heckfire out of the record. Soooo, the fat, feathery brush that made my heart race just moments before turned on me. I may have just been overly excited, but I did not do well with the fat brush on my bottom lashes. Enter, Old Faithful.



This pic is for scale to show how much fuller the Clinique brush is compared to Maybelline Great Lash. Once again, MGL swoops in to save us all. Whew. That was a close one.


I have a hard time grading #9. I’m really conflicted! Y’all know I do not like extra steps and extra products. The “extra” is for the birds, but the feathers… sigh… I give it a 9 outta 10. I really do love how well it did up top, but we have to deduct a point for the lower lashes. I would really like to give it a second chance, which confirms The Mascara Project will have a semi-final round.


Also, decided to quit fighting the right side of my hair. If she wants to flip out, I’m just gonna start stylin’ it that way. If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. Happy Friday. I mean it. Do something to treat yourself today. Y’all are the bomb! Sorry for the long post, but it had to happen. Please feel free to comment on the blog. I would love to hear from ya! Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment