Saturday, January 31, 2015

#12-The Mascara Project


                           
#12-YSL VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS SHOCKING (Gasp!)

A couple of you lovely ladies raved about YSL’s mascara, so I was excited to give it a shot. My right eye is dressed.




Now, I fairly often find myself humming along to Rod Stewart’s line, “I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger…”  Don’t I know it! (Another argument for “reusing” birthday years; it extends one’s learning curve) Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.  I bet Mr. Stewart already had this figured out in 1988 when he released “Forever Young”.

Can’t help but wonder if Mr. Stewart “wishes” he had worn a shirt under his jacket for this picture…

Or, if he “wishes” he had used a bit more hair product for this photo shoot…
One thing I (we) learned when I was younger (by a whole week) is to use a fancy lash brush and hairdryer for perfecting lashes.  However, I was at work when I dressed my lashes so, I did the best I could with the resources on hand. 
I am reminded of a favorite quote by the lovely Maya Angelou (1928-2014).

Okay, Maya.  Notice she says “when” you know better, not “if” you know better.  So, Dr. Angelou assumes we are always still learning and growing. I had the privilege of hearing Maya Angelou speak in Winston-Salem, NC in the early 1990’s. She is an amazing woman with no shortage of wit and courage.

Let’s not wait one more minute to implement these words of wisdom!  Now we know better, so now we will do better.


I give this mascara a 9 outta 10. It may have ranked higher with the proper tools, but I’m not entirely sure. The brush was kinda tricky and made it difficult to separate my lashes. The package says “Luxurious Mascara” and the tube is fancy AND the mascara smells nice. But, not sure we care… Next!


No comments:

Post a Comment