Thursday, January 29, 2015

Happy (a-hem) Hump Day!



I remember it like it was yesterday.  My two closest friends in the interior design program at FSU and I were waiting at the intersection of Tennessee and Copeland Street.  It was a Wednesday and we were on our way to class.  We were, as always, weighted down with portfolios, floorplan tubes and tackle boxes filled with art supplies.  While we were waiting for the light to change, I gleefully declared, “happy hump day, girls”.
Now, in an effort to protect their identities, I will use false names to portray my friends.  Enter the cast;  Jackie (brunette) and Marilyn (blonde).  “Jackie” had her bachelors degree in fine art and was getting her masters in interior design. Marilyn was in the under-grad track with me.  Jackie was engaged to the valedictorian at FSU, whom she had dated since the beginning of high school.
When I made the cheerful comment about “hump day”, Jackie huffed and cursed under her breath.  She then went on about how she is sick of having to shave her legs and such every single Wednesday and wants to know why no one else ever gripes about having to “celebrate” hump day.  I guess her hubby was valedictorian for a good reason.



“Jackie’s” reaction to my cheerful comment makes me smile once-a-week ever since that day…  I guess blondes aren’t the ONLY ones having fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment