Saturday, January 17, 2015

Oops! I did it again… Part1...




I knocked her out. I saw her, Reason, in the corner of my eye waving her hands like crazy. She was trying to tell me something, but I punched her in the face. She always shows up at the least opportune times…
There I was in the hair products aisle, again. Looking for The One.  But, I don’t see any new products on the shelves. How could I have tried them all and still only look like I “just stepped out of the salon” for the 30 seconds it takes to walk to my car every 8 weeks when I literally step out of the salon?  I’m about to give up hope when something catches my eye…



The entire store went dark, except for a beam of light that shown down on this bottle.  How could I have been so narrow-minded?  The answer was so clear and had been there, at the end of the aisle, all along…
Occasionally, I amaze me. This was one of those times. I mean, why had I never considered trying the products specifically designed for African hair?!? We are all God’s children and Herbal Oil sounds really healthy. Plus, Africa is a huge continent and the label says, “Africa’s Best”. Mind blown.
Fast-forward two days. Prince Charming comes home to find me sitting in the tub crying and wants to know why our pillows and pillow cases are in the trash. I hate when he asks stupid questions…
Y’all won’t believe this, but the reason there is a specfic set of products for African-American hair is because African-American hair is entirely different than Caucasion hair. Oh. Not a little different, but a lot different. Come to find out, my straight, blonde (can you believe it?!?) coiffe is not an ideal candidate for African oil.
Well, I haven’t been to Texas yet, but the Horchow catalog is headquartered in Dallas. If that doesn’t give a state “credibility”, than I don’t know what does! And, I love the Texan mentallity of go big or go home. So, if this hair oil says to leave in for 5-10 minutes and rinse thoroughly, I cannot wait to see how gorgeous my hair will be if I leave-in the oil overnight!
The bottle says, “sealed for your protection”. Well, to that I say, “HOW DO YOU FIGURE?”! I had no problem getting into to this stuff.
Now, if you are in need of a group costume for you and your girlfriends, I have a wonderful idea for you!
image
The Robert Palmer girls! You get the outfits, and I’ll fix everyone’s hair. The only glitch is UN-doing your hair…
This dark slick style is awesome for Halloween but not so much for work. I also highly recomended that your hair be long enough to avoid looking like you are trying to “tune in, Tokyo”. One day at work with my edgy (a-hem) look was one day too many. I am starting to panic.
After trying every product I own in the bathroom to remove Africa’s Best, I broadened my search to the kitchen. I think I was trying to comb baking soda through my hair when Prince Charming found me crying in the tub.
image
I bet that’s exactly what Robert Palmer pictured when he belted out “simply irresistible”!




No comments:

Post a Comment