Sunday, January 25, 2015

#10-The Mascara Project



#10 benefit BEYOND MASCARA-They’re Real
First of all, I assume “they’re real” is in response to someone’s question about the validity of your lashes. Enter Emily Post.

I think you can tell from her facial expression, but she just rolled over in her grave. Somebody’s mama obviously forgot to mention that there are some questions that are off-limits. “Is it” or “are those” (a-hem) real, is never okay. Since benefit is responding to a question, we can’t blame her for this awkward encounter. The best response to an inappropriate question is a gracious smile that screams, “thank you so much” and “wouldn’t you like to know?!?”. Enough said.

Now, back to the task at hand. I’ve never tried benefit cosmetics before, but they are made in France, so they must be fancy! France has a special place in my heart. I studied architecture and design abroad at Parsons Paris for a semester in college. It was life-changing for me. Je admire France and je suis Charlie.

Now, “benefit” is in all lower-case letters, but the “f” is italicized. It causes me to pause. My daddy insisted I take, not one, but two years of Latin in high school. At the time, if it weren’t already a dead language, I’d have killed it. However, it turns out that I have been grateful over the years to understand the origin of so many words.  Bene, well, has nothing but positive vibes, so this cosmetic line has already got-it-goin’-on in my book.

I decided to really shake-things-up today and do something I NEVER do; read the directions. I’m glad I did. If you can’t tell from the above pic, the brush has a spikey tip. It promises to “reveal lashes you never knew you had”! Eeeee! TO USE: position wand horizontally and wiggle from side to side (it really says that), base to tip, to achieve maximum volume, length & lift. So, sing along with me and wiggle it just a little bit! (No problem there cuz I’m not wearin’ my SPANX.)    Now, hold wand vertically & stroke upward to curl & separate. Say, what? Why didn’t I think of that?!? It really does work.

My right eye is dressed. Lefty is au naturel. So french.  

Both are dressed and I am really pleased with this mascara; no clumping and great coverage.

I, personally, don’t think anyone will ask if they’re real cuz they look full but still natural. Just in case, let’s close with a wonderful quote from Emily Post,


Here, here, Emily! I give this mascara a 10 outta 10!



No comments:

Post a Comment