Friday, January 30, 2015

Happy Fri-YAY!




Will do!
Sorry to not be very “bloggy” this week. (Prince Charming invented a new adjective and I LOVE it!)
As much as I want to do nothing but work on The Mascara Project, it turns out my job and family need a little attention, too.  

I also needed some time to recover after the hot roller incident. Whew! 
The Mascara Project is clearly a marathon and not a sprint, so y’all bear wth me.
Yesterday, I tested a couple of mascara tips that intrigued me. I need to go mascara shopping, again, so I used the Clinique.

1. Apply mascara to bottom lashes first. Um, duh?!? Why didn’t I think of that!  This is wonderful advice and very effective. Only negative, what am I gonna do with the time I spend in the mornings removing smudges and reapplying mascara? Should I learn to crochet?
2. Use blowdryer to curl dressed lashes by shooting warm air up under eyes at base of lashes. Okay. Love this, too. I don’t love how lash curlers “crimp” my lashes.

Do y’all remember crimping your hair?!?  OMG. I bet she has on pink and green puff socks in alternating colors! Now I have “Time after Time” stuck in my head and probably have to watch ‘The Goonies’ this weekend…  Sorry to digress, but I couldn’t resist…
The other cool thing about using the blowdryer is it helps elimnate clumping. I used my fancy lash comb to separate my lashes right after I heated them. Sam shared this tip with me AND provided the lash brush thingy. Eternally grateful.



I know you can’t see the lashes all that well, but you CAN see that I am happy with the results. Also, note the straight coiffe. NO YOU DIH-ENT HOT ROLL YOUR HAIR TWO DAYS AGO!


Congratulations, ladies!  We did it. We made it to the weekend. Yahoo! Kick up your heels! (Just don’t do it while wearing heels. Been there. Done that.)



Enjoy them. Enjoy your family, friends, pets and neighbors. Reflect a little light this weekend and take some time for YOU. Cuz if Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy. Can I get an A-MEN!?!

Thank you for sharing these adventures with me!  Mwah.





No comments:

Post a Comment